Thursday, July 22, 2010

Inspired by A Midsummer Night's Dream

I have always thought the scenes from the 1999 film of William Shakespeare's A Midsummer Night's Dream were soo romantic!  I think it is the perfect inspiration for an outdoor wedding.

I love the glow from tons of candles and lanterns mixed with natural elements from the outdoors.  Keep the colors classic by using a mix of whites, creams, browns, and greens.  


1. This glowing Table scene was styled by Daughter of Design- I love the moss, ivy, and twigs against the natural wood!
2. You will feel like a fairy in this romantic dress is by Amsale
3. Be queen of the woods in this headpiece by Whichgoose on Etsy.com
4. Who needs a tent when your band can play under the lanterns- photo by Paul Johnson 
5. This cake is simple and chic- WickedCakeShop.com
6. This moss and birch bark covered pillow is perfect for your ring bearer!-  AprilHilerDesigns on Etsy.com
7.  I am in love with this green and white bouquet!- photo by Blue Window Photo


Are you dreaming of romantic outdoor wedding?  



-a.e.h.

3 comments:

  1. I love all of these suggestions! I especially love that table setting and the lanterns!! What great ideas, a.e.h.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am obsessed with this whole idea! How have I never myself as a woodland fairy on my wedding day?! Beautiful...and I can picture this looking wonderful at the RT Lodge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so excited for the day when I get married, hopefully it will be somewhere as beautiful as the RT Lodge... So romantic... Thanks a.e.h!

    ReplyDelete